Saturday, August 16, 2008

Glen Street House

During our trip to IL, Renee and I visited Mom's childhood home on Glen Street in Morton. Renters have occupied the house for the last 23 years, but now it's time to sell it.

It was my first time inside the house since I was in elementary school, so it was fun to relive memories from my childhood and Mom's childhood.

For instance, I remember climbing the maple tree and digging tunnels in the huge snow drifts in the home's backyard below.

The home still has many original details from the 1950's...

like the linoleum floor in the kitchen...

...and the red linoleum kitchen counter tops

...and the wood paneling and linoleum in the upstairs bedrooms that Grandpa and Grandma installed themselves

...and the vintage light fixtures in the bedrooms.

No comments: